First to recommend probe by SIT for anti-Sikh riots: Arvind Kejriwal
Ludhiana: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday tried to woo the Sikh electorate, claiming that his erstwhile government in Delhi was the first to recommend a probe by a Special Investigation Team for 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
Former Delhi chief minister Kejriwal, who is campaigning in Punjab for his party candidates for the April 30 Lok Sabha polls in the State, was addressing a rally during his roadshow at Dana Mandi in this industrial town.
Claiming that his party candidate from Ludhiana and noted lawyer H S Phoolka had all along been fighting for the victims of the 84 riots, he said, "Both the BJP and Akali Dal had done nothing for the 1984 riot victims and had only been playing politics with their plight."
While seeking votes for Phoolka, Kejriwal said that he would continue to espouse their cause (of the victims) in the Lok Sabha, if elected.
Lashing out at the Punjab government, Kejriwal, who is on a three-day campaign tour to the State, alleged that the SAD-BJP government had pushed the youth of Punjab into drugs.
Without taking any name, the AAP leader said that one of the minister in the SAD-BJP government was "patronising" the drug trade and he had no right to stay in power even for a day.
Kejriwal began his campaign tour from Amritsar yesterday. He will leave for Delhi tomorrow.
Earlier on the second day of his roadshow in Punjab today, Kejriwal began his journey from Pathankot and en route paid tribute to Bhagat Singh at his native village Khatkar Kalan in Nawan Shahar district.
Meanwhile, he evaded media in Jalandhar on his way to Khatkar Kalan from Pathankot. Kejriwal`s car dashed past the mediapersons waiting to talk to him at pap chowk here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp