Five injured in post-poll clash
Barasat (WB): Five persons were injured in post-poll clash between workers of the ruling Trinamool Congress and opposition CPI(M) at Haroa area of North 24 Parganas district on Tuesday, the police said.
Bombs were used in the clash that occurred at Gopalpur Lebutala locality of Haroa, poilce said.
The injured were stated to be Trinamool Congress activists, the sources said, adding one CPI(M) worker was arrested.
Haroa witnessed clash between the two parties yesterday also during polling leaving 13 persons injured.
The area falls under Minakha Assembly segment of Basirhat Lok Sabha constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH