Five injured in post-poll clash
Barasat (WB): Five persons were injured in post-poll clash between workers of the ruling Trinamool Congress and opposition CPI(M) at Haroa area of North 24 Parganas district on Tuesday, the police said.
Bombs were used in the clash that occurred at Gopalpur Lebutala locality of Haroa, poilce said.
The injured were stated to be Trinamool Congress activists, the sources said, adding one CPI(M) worker was arrested.
Haroa witnessed clash between the two parties yesterday also during polling leaving 13 persons injured.
The area falls under Minakha Assembly segment of Basirhat Lok Sabha constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan