Five SPs, one DM, other election officials transferred in West Bengal
Kolkata: The Chief Election Commissioner`s office on Monday ordered transfer of five SPs and one district magistrate ahead of the Lok Sabha poll in West Bengal.
State Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Sunil Gupta told reporters here that the SPs of Malda, Birbhum, Burdwan, West Midnapore and Mushidabad have been transferred as per orders of the CEC.
He said that the SP of Birbhum Alok Rajoria has been transferred to fill up the vacant post of SP of Jhargram police district.
The district magistrate of North 24-Parganas, O S Meena, has also been transferred, he said.
The other officials transferred are a District Election Officer, an ADM and a returning officer.
The transfers came close on the heels of the visit of the full bench of the CEC here yesterday.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!