Five SPs, one DM, other election officials transferred in West Bengal
Kolkata: The Chief Election Commissioner`s office on Monday ordered transfer of five SPs and one district magistrate ahead of the Lok Sabha poll in West Bengal.
State Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Sunil Gupta told reporters here that the SPs of Malda, Birbhum, Burdwan, West Midnapore and Mushidabad have been transferred as per orders of the CEC.
He said that the SP of Birbhum Alok Rajoria has been transferred to fill up the vacant post of SP of Jhargram police district.
The district magistrate of North 24-Parganas, O S Meena, has also been transferred, he said.
The other officials transferred are a District Election Officer, an ADM and a returning officer.
The transfers came close on the heels of the visit of the full bench of the CEC here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you