Former Andhra police chief joins YSR Congress
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh police chief V. Dinesh Reddy Monday joined the YSR Congress.
Dinesh Reddy, who retired as the director general of police (DGP) in September last year, was formally inducted into the party by its chief Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy at the party office here.
The former IPS officer said he joined the party to serve the people. He said he saw from close quarters the pro-people schemes implemented by late chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy.
Dinesh Reddy said only Jaganmohan Reddy alone can take the state on the path of development.
The former top cop plans to contest the elections. When asked about the constituency, he said he would abide by the decision of the party.
Dinesh Reddy is likely to contest for the Lok Sabha either from Malkajgiri near Hyderabad or Ongole in Seemandhra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa