Former Andhra police chief joins YSR Congress
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh police chief V. Dinesh Reddy Monday joined the YSR Congress.
Dinesh Reddy, who retired as the director general of police (DGP) in September last year, was formally inducted into the party by its chief Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy at the party office here.
The former IPS officer said he joined the party to serve the people. He said he saw from close quarters the pro-people schemes implemented by late chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy.
Dinesh Reddy said only Jaganmohan Reddy alone can take the state on the path of development.
The former top cop plans to contest the elections. When asked about the constituency, he said he would abide by the decision of the party.
Dinesh Reddy is likely to contest for the Lok Sabha either from Malkajgiri near Hyderabad or Ongole in Seemandhra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- I should speak less now, jokes Salman Khan
- POSTER alert! Erika Kaar in Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay'
- Maharashtra districts to have own disaster management plan
- Despite big money on table, Rahul Dravid rejected Anurag Thakur's offer to coach India - Here's why
- Jhakaas! Anil Kapoor's son Harshvardhan impresses Salman Khan—See how