Former DMK minister held for `violating` model code
Ramanathapuram: Former DMK Minister Suba Thangavelan was arrested here today under provisions of Motor Vehicles Act for violating the poll code and canvassing for the party candidate in a convoy of over 12 vehicles, police said.
Thangavelan was canvasing for party candidate Mohamed Jaleel on Arpil 20 at Kulanur for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls, using a convoy of more than 12 vehicles, they said.
He had not only violated the model code, but the MV Act by going in a big convoy without police permission and canvassing for Jaleel, police added.
Acting on a complaint from the sub-registrar of cooperatives Dhanapal, seeking action against him, a case was registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love