Former DMK minister held for `violating` model code
Ramanathapuram: Former DMK Minister Suba Thangavelan was arrested here today under provisions of Motor Vehicles Act for violating the poll code and canvassing for the party candidate in a convoy of over 12 vehicles, police said.
Thangavelan was canvasing for party candidate Mohamed Jaleel on Arpil 20 at Kulanur for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls, using a convoy of more than 12 vehicles, they said.
He had not only violated the model code, but the MV Act by going in a big convoy without police permission and canvassing for Jaleel, police added.
Acting on a complaint from the sub-registrar of cooperatives Dhanapal, seeking action against him, a case was registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you