Former DMK minister held for `violating` model code
Ramanathapuram: Former DMK Minister Suba Thangavelan was arrested here today under provisions of Motor Vehicles Act for violating the poll code and canvassing for the party candidate in a convoy of over 12 vehicles, police said.
Thangavelan was canvasing for party candidate Mohamed Jaleel on Arpil 20 at Kulanur for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls, using a convoy of more than 12 vehicles, they said.
He had not only violated the model code, but the MV Act by going in a big convoy without police permission and canvassing for Jaleel, police added.
Acting on a complaint from the sub-registrar of cooperatives Dhanapal, seeking action against him, a case was registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?