Former Jharkhand chief minister Marandi files nomination
Ranchi: Babulal Marandi, Jharkhand`s first chief minister and president of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM-P), filed his nomination from the Dumka Lok Sabha constituency Friday.
Another former chief minister and Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief Shibu Soren is seeking a re-election from this seat. He filed his papers Monday.
Shibu Soren has been elected six times from this constituency.
After filing his nomination, Marandi said: "Shibu Soren has done nothing for the people of this region."
"People have made up their mind and it will reflect in poll results. JVM-P will emerge as the single largest party in the state."
Marandi has been Koderma Lok Sabha MP since 2004 and has now shifted to Dumka to fight the poll.
Asked by reporters about his decision to change his constituency, he said it was the "party`s decision" to fight from Dumka.
Marandi quit BJP and floated his own party JVM-P in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you