Former Jharkhand chief minister Marandi files nomination
Ranchi: Babulal Marandi, Jharkhand`s first chief minister and president of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM-P), filed his nomination from the Dumka Lok Sabha constituency Friday.
Another former chief minister and Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief Shibu Soren is seeking a re-election from this seat. He filed his papers Monday.
Shibu Soren has been elected six times from this constituency.
After filing his nomination, Marandi said: "Shibu Soren has done nothing for the people of this region."
"People have made up their mind and it will reflect in poll results. JVM-P will emerge as the single largest party in the state."
Marandi has been Koderma Lok Sabha MP since 2004 and has now shifted to Dumka to fight the poll.
Asked by reporters about his decision to change his constituency, he said it was the "party`s decision" to fight from Dumka.
Marandi quit BJP and floated his own party JVM-P in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach