Foundation laid for new govt at Centre, says Narendra Modi in Bihar
Saharsa/Madhubani: Fresh after filing his Lok Sabha nomination in Varanasi on Thursday, BJP leader and prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi here today claimed that people had laid the foundation of a new government to replace the UPA regime at the Centre.
"The foundation of a new government at the Centre has been laid by people, who have decided to oust the Congress-led government," Modi said in an election speech in Bihar, coinciding with the the third phase of the polling today.
Keeping his date with the people of Mithilanchal in the state, despite his busy schedule today, as he filed his nomination papers from the Varanasi Lok Sabha seat, Modi promised development for the Koshi region.
He said he would complete former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s dream project of inter-linking of rivers for development of the region.
"Atalji had conceived projects like inter-linking of rivers and construction of mega bridge for development of the Koshi and Mithilanchal regions of which only the bridge could see the light of the day," the Gujarat Chief Minister said.
"I assure you all that the NDA government, in the event of being elected to power, will complete inter-linking of rivers in the Koshi and Mithilanchal regions," Modi said and promised to construct a rail bridge to improve connectivity of the area.
Regretting that the Mithilanchal region continued to remain backward after being ravaged by a massive earthquake in 1934, he criticised the Congress for ignoring its development despite ruling the state and the country for years since independence.
Modi urged the people of Bihar to elect the candidates of the BJP and its allies so that the NDA could form a strong government which would be decisive and ensure governance and development.
Forty-seven per cent voter turnout was recorded till 3 pm in seven Lok Sabha seats of Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing