Foundation laid for new govt at Centre, says Narendra Modi in Bihar
Saharsa/Madhubani: Fresh after filing his Lok Sabha nomination in Varanasi on Thursday, BJP leader and prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi here today claimed that people had laid the foundation of a new government to replace the UPA regime at the Centre.
"The foundation of a new government at the Centre has been laid by people, who have decided to oust the Congress-led government," Modi said in an election speech in Bihar, coinciding with the the third phase of the polling today.
Keeping his date with the people of Mithilanchal in the state, despite his busy schedule today, as he filed his nomination papers from the Varanasi Lok Sabha seat, Modi promised development for the Koshi region.
He said he would complete former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s dream project of inter-linking of rivers for development of the region.
"Atalji had conceived projects like inter-linking of rivers and construction of mega bridge for development of the Koshi and Mithilanchal regions of which only the bridge could see the light of the day," the Gujarat Chief Minister said.
"I assure you all that the NDA government, in the event of being elected to power, will complete inter-linking of rivers in the Koshi and Mithilanchal regions," Modi said and promised to construct a rail bridge to improve connectivity of the area.
Regretting that the Mithilanchal region continued to remain backward after being ravaged by a massive earthquake in 1934, he criticised the Congress for ignoring its development despite ruling the state and the country for years since independence.
Modi urged the people of Bihar to elect the candidates of the BJP and its allies so that the NDA could form a strong government which would be decisive and ensure governance and development.
Forty-seven per cent voter turnout was recorded till 3 pm in seven Lok Sabha seats of Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister