Gautam Buddha Nagar gears up for polling on Thursday
Noida: Gautam Buddha Nagar district election officer AV Rajamouli has appealed to the voters to turn out in large numbers to cast their votes on Thursday.
Polling will be held from 7 am to 6 pm tomorrow in the Gautam Buddha Nagar Lok Sabha seat, where a total of 19,83,152 persons are eligible to cast their votes.
"Private vehicles are allowed to ply on the day of polling. People can park their vehicles 200 metres away from the polling booth," said Rajamouli, adding that the move might help increase the voter turnout.
The Lok Sabha seat comprises five Assembly segments -- Noida, Dadri, Jewar, Sikandrabad and Khurja. The seat has total 1,162 polling stations and 453 polling centres. At 40 polling stations live webcasting will be done, he said.
"Today polling teams have been dispatched to polling booths. Elaborate security arrangements have been made at all polling booths," he said.
"On polling day, three control room numbers are 0120-2932023, 0120-2353114 and 0120-2353004 where voters and poll staff can call if they face any difficulty," Rajamouli said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'