GGP`s Nagpur LS candidate held in fraud case
Nagpur: Gondwana Gantantra Party candidate from Nagpur Lok Sabha seat Rammurti Keshavrao Chimote has been arrested for his alleged involvement in a fraud case registered four months back, police said on Sunday.
Chimote, a resident of Subhash Nagar, allegedly helped some property dealers to come out clear in a fraud case and had reportedly demanded a huge sum for this.
He was arrested yesterday and produced before a local court which remanded him in two-day police custody.
Shankar Gade, a Kukde layout resident here, had lodged a complaint on January 27 this year alleging that Anil Jain, Arvind Kumar Jain, Deepak Shendre and an unidentified woman had cheated him by forging papers of a property in Chichbhavan and taking Rs 4.2 lakh as the token amount.
Police had then booked all the accused.
During the probe, it was learnt that Chimote had helped the accused come clear of charges, police said.
Dhantoli police are further investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah