Giriraj Singh surrenders in hate speech case, granted bail
Patna: BJP leader Giriraj Singh Tuesday surrendered in a district court here and was later granted bail in a case of alleged hate speech lodged in Patna.
Singh surrendered in the court of Judicial Magistrate Javed Alam who granted him bail after accepting his bail bond.
Singh was out on anticipatory bail granted by District Court judge Virendra Kumar in the case on April 25.
A case was lodged against Singh with Patna Airport police station by the district administration for his alleged hate speeches during election campaign.
The FIR was lodged at Patna airport police station on April 21 under provisions of the Representation of Peoples Act, 1950 and Indian Penal Code(IPC).
Singh, a former minister in the Nitish Kumar government, had stoked controversy during an election meeting in Jharkhand`s Deoghar district on April 19, saying that those who opposed Narendra Modi should go to Pakistan.
Three FIRs were lodged against him at Deogarh, Bokaro and Patna for his hate speeches.
The Jharkhand High Court had last week granted him bail in the case registered with Bokaro police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead