Give BJP a chance, Rajnath Singh to Muslims
Lucknow: BJP national president Rajnath Singh on Sunday appealed to Muslims to give the saffron party a chance while accusing political opponents of creating fear of it among the community members.
"Political opponents have been creating fear of BJP among Muslims. I appeal to Muslim brothers to come with BJP once and test it closely," Rajnath said while addressing a gathering of people in Muslim dominated Khadra locality here.
"Then it will be decided that who is dividing you and who is showing the fear," he added.
The BJP chief, who is contesting from Lucknow Lok Sabha seat, was accompanied by Chattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh and some prominent clerics.
"He (Raman Singh) has been elected as Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh three times. I want to ask whether Chattisgarh has divided Hindus and Muslims," Rajnath said.
He appealed to Hindus and Muslims to vote unitedly and claimed that BJP would form the government at the Centre.
"BJP will get a clear majority and I am not saying this, this has been stated in national and international survey reports," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- F1 radio ban: FIA tightens rules on controversial communication rules before Hungarian GP
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors