Goa Congress to take action against anti-party leaders ?
Panaji: The Congress party in Goa will form a disciplinary action committee to probe the allegations of anti-party activities against some of its state leaders, including a senior legislator, during the Lok Sabha campaign.
State Congress chief John Fernandes, who was in Delhi yesterday, held discussion with the national leaders briefing them about the complaints received against the senior party leaders, who either withdrew themselves from the campaign or worked against the party`s official candidates.
Sources said the names of Dabolim constituency legislator and senior Congressman Mauvin Godinho, Taleigao legislator Atanasio Monserratte and Goa Pradesh Youth Congress Committee president Valanka Alemao figure in the list, which is drawn following the complaints during the LS campaign.
The party contested both the LS seats in alliance with the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP).
"The Pradesh Congress Committee has requested the High Command to form a disciplinary committee headed by a senior member to probe into the allegations," Fernandes told PTI over phone from Delhi today.
He said the high command will soon form the committee which will conduct a detailed probe and submit its report to him (Fernandes).
"If any MLA or MP is involved then I will have to inform the high command before initiating the action," Fernandes said.
The Goa Congress chief admitted that there are complaints against Godinho and Alemao which will also be investigated by the committee.
Godinho had refrained from canvassing for party`s official candidate, while Alemao had left Goa during the run up for the polls, after her father and Congress leader Churchill Alemao quit the party to join Trinamool Congress.
The recent media statement by Taleigao MLA Atanasio Monserratte that he did not work for the party candidate, will also be referred to the committee, Fernandes added.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises
- Paswan mocks possibility of Nitish becoming PM, says post not vacant for 15 years
- Kolkata wears forlorn look on poll day, less traffic on street