Government job for wife of deceased poll official
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government has provided compensation and a government job to the wife of a poll official who died on poll duty during the April 9 Lok Sabha and assembly elections in the state.
The Directorate of School Education has appointed Bater (Lollen) Dabi, wife of Mathew Dabi, as an assistant teacher at Namey village in East Siang district on compassionate ground, official sources said here today.
Accepting the appointment, she joined her duty today at the deputy director of school education (DDSE) office at Pasighat yesterday. An amount of twenty lakh was also sanctioned in her name as ex-gratia.
Dabi, who formally accepted the amount yesterday, earlier declined to accept it demanding the state government to initiate probe by a competent authority in to the mysterious death of her husband.
The case was handed over to the special investigating cell (SIC) of the state police for probe after Governor Lt Gen (Retd) Nirbhay Sharma ordered for investigation into the case.
Dabi, a junior teacher of Namey village, who was appointed as polling officer, went missing on the day of polling. His body was recovered on April 17 from a gorge inside a deep forest, two kilometres away from Siine village polling station under Pangin assembly constituency.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why