Government job for wife of deceased poll official
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government has provided compensation and a government job to the wife of a poll official who died on poll duty during the April 9 Lok Sabha and assembly elections in the state.
The Directorate of School Education has appointed Bater (Lollen) Dabi, wife of Mathew Dabi, as an assistant teacher at Namey village in East Siang district on compassionate ground, official sources said here today.
Accepting the appointment, she joined her duty today at the deputy director of school education (DDSE) office at Pasighat yesterday. An amount of twenty lakh was also sanctioned in her name as ex-gratia.
Dabi, who formally accepted the amount yesterday, earlier declined to accept it demanding the state government to initiate probe by a competent authority in to the mysterious death of her husband.
The case was handed over to the special investigating cell (SIC) of the state police for probe after Governor Lt Gen (Retd) Nirbhay Sharma ordered for investigation into the case.
Dabi, a junior teacher of Namey village, who was appointed as polling officer, went missing on the day of polling. His body was recovered on April 17 from a gorge inside a deep forest, two kilometres away from Siine village polling station under Pangin assembly constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi