Government job for wife of deceased poll official
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government has provided compensation and a government job to the wife of a poll official who died on poll duty during the April 9 Lok Sabha and assembly elections in the state.
The Directorate of School Education has appointed Bater (Lollen) Dabi, wife of Mathew Dabi, as an assistant teacher at Namey village in East Siang district on compassionate ground, official sources said here today.
Accepting the appointment, she joined her duty today at the deputy director of school education (DDSE) office at Pasighat yesterday. An amount of twenty lakh was also sanctioned in her name as ex-gratia.
Dabi, who formally accepted the amount yesterday, earlier declined to accept it demanding the state government to initiate probe by a competent authority in to the mysterious death of her husband.
The case was handed over to the special investigating cell (SIC) of the state police for probe after Governor Lt Gen (Retd) Nirbhay Sharma ordered for investigation into the case.
Dabi, a junior teacher of Namey village, who was appointed as polling officer, went missing on the day of polling. His body was recovered on April 17 from a gorge inside a deep forest, two kilometres away from Siine village polling station under Pangin assembly constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof