Govt officials in Gurgaon LS seats helping Congress: BJP to EC
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday alleged that government officials in Gurgaon Lok Sabha constituency were distributing subsidised rice and wheat to the people in violation of Model Code of Conduct and complained to the Election Commission.
In a complaint to the EC, on behalf of sitting MP and BJP candidate Rao Inderjit Singh, his election officials said that there was gross violation of the Model Code of Conduct in some places a few district of the constituency.
The complaint alleged that certain government officials had called a meeting and directed the district officers to distribute subsidised rice and wheat to as many people in the area.
The officers had also directed their subordinates to distribute widows and old age pension among the people in the district.
"This gross violation is happening in connivance with the Haryana Government Officers in districts of Mewat, Gurgaon and Rewari. If this is happening in these three districts it is probably happening in all nine Vidhansabha constituencies in connivance with the state government.”
"The state machinery under Congress Government was also canvassing in these districts for Congress candidates," the complaint said and sought appropriate action from the EC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog