Gujarat model of development is sham, alleges Preneet Kaur
Patiala: Union minister and Congress candidate from Patiala Preneet Kaur on Friday said the hype created by BJP that Narendra Modi is the "economic savior" who can only bring prosperity is a "fallacy".
She asked voters to vote for Congress, a party which she claimed always stood for "inclusive" development.
"Do not vote for BJP thinking that it is the only savior for economic development in the country. Modi Model of Development is more a hype than reality and the Congress has always stood for inclusive development," she said here.
Kaur also criticised the Punjab government for "not doing anything" constructive to improve the infrastructure in the state.
"Our hospitals, schools are in poor condition and the state government is busy laying foundation stones but God alone knows when the real work will commence on these projects," she said.
The three-time MP alleged that wheat growing farmers were worried and harassed in the state as the procurement of crop was not done.
"The weather is very uncertain and the farmers are worried that rain could ruin their crop," she said.
Meanwhile, Amloh MLA Randeeep Singh Nabha alleged that the state government was using the entire state machinery to defeat Kaur.
"But we will ensure her victory," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot