Gujarat model of development is sham, alleges Preneet Kaur
Patiala: Union minister and Congress candidate from Patiala Preneet Kaur on Friday said the hype created by BJP that Narendra Modi is the "economic savior" who can only bring prosperity is a "fallacy".
She asked voters to vote for Congress, a party which she claimed always stood for "inclusive" development.
"Do not vote for BJP thinking that it is the only savior for economic development in the country. Modi Model of Development is more a hype than reality and the Congress has always stood for inclusive development," she said here.
Kaur also criticised the Punjab government for "not doing anything" constructive to improve the infrastructure in the state.
"Our hospitals, schools are in poor condition and the state government is busy laying foundation stones but God alone knows when the real work will commence on these projects," she said.
The three-time MP alleged that wheat growing farmers were worried and harassed in the state as the procurement of crop was not done.
"The weather is very uncertain and the farmers are worried that rain could ruin their crop," she said.
Meanwhile, Amloh MLA Randeeep Singh Nabha alleged that the state government was using the entire state machinery to defeat Kaur.
"But we will ensure her victory," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites