HC orders issue of notice to Collector in Chennai
Chennai: Madras High Court on Friday ordered issue of notice to authorities, including Villupuram District Collector, on a plea seeking a direction to take action against some officials for allegedly having committed irregularities in distribution of `Thane Cyclone Relief Fund`.
In his petition, one G Vijayan alleged that the relief funds were ordered to be given only to the small and marginal farmers who were having less than 5 acres, whose lands were damaged in Villupuram district in the December 30, 2011 cyclone which lashed Tamil Nadu coast.
He alleged that some officials in the collusion with the wealthy and rich people had distributed the relief funds to those having lands more than 100 acres.
His representation to authorities to inquire into distribution of the funds did not yield any response following which he filed the petition.
The first bench, comprising Acting Chief Justice Satish K Agnihotri and Justice M M Sundresh, ordered issue of notice to authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi