HC orders issue of notice to Collector in Chennai
Chennai: Madras High Court on Friday ordered issue of notice to authorities, including Villupuram District Collector, on a plea seeking a direction to take action against some officials for allegedly having committed irregularities in distribution of `Thane Cyclone Relief Fund`.
In his petition, one G Vijayan alleged that the relief funds were ordered to be given only to the small and marginal farmers who were having less than 5 acres, whose lands were damaged in Villupuram district in the December 30, 2011 cyclone which lashed Tamil Nadu coast.
He alleged that some officials in the collusion with the wealthy and rich people had distributed the relief funds to those having lands more than 100 acres.
His representation to authorities to inquire into distribution of the funds did not yield any response following which he filed the petition.
The first bench, comprising Acting Chief Justice Satish K Agnihotri and Justice M M Sundresh, ordered issue of notice to authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore