HC orders issue of notice to Collector in Chennai
Chennai: Madras High Court on Friday ordered issue of notice to authorities, including Villupuram District Collector, on a plea seeking a direction to take action against some officials for allegedly having committed irregularities in distribution of `Thane Cyclone Relief Fund`.
In his petition, one G Vijayan alleged that the relief funds were ordered to be given only to the small and marginal farmers who were having less than 5 acres, whose lands were damaged in Villupuram district in the December 30, 2011 cyclone which lashed Tamil Nadu coast.
He alleged that some officials in the collusion with the wealthy and rich people had distributed the relief funds to those having lands more than 100 acres.
His representation to authorities to inquire into distribution of the funds did not yield any response following which he filed the petition.
The first bench, comprising Acting Chief Justice Satish K Agnihotri and Justice M M Sundresh, ordered issue of notice to authorities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living