High voter turnout shows people`s desire for change: Jaitley
Amritsar: BJP on Sunday said that high voter turnout in the third phase of polling reflects the people`s "desire for a change" and it would help NDA to form the government at the Centre.
"It is the desire for a change that motivated the voters to come out in large number. An exceedingly high vote percentage is bad news for Congress," Jaitley said.
He said that a larger number of people come out to vote when something motivates them and the high voter turnout in the polls held yesterday will help NDA to form the next government led by Narendra Modi.
Claiming that issue like price rise, corruption and "non-inspirational" leadership of Congress failed to inspire people, he said, "BJP campaign appears to have succeeded in both laying down political agenda and projecting Modi as the centre-stage personality of this election."
"Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi continue to have a marginal impact while Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is non-factor in this election. For us in BJP, high poll percentage is good news; the more the merrier," the BJP candidate from Amritsar Lok Sabha seat said.
"The news from Delhi, Haryana, Chandigarh and Jammu appears to be that in many constituencies, Congress has been pushed to a third position. This may well be a situation in several constituencies of Odisha. The trends from UP are worse. The Congress and its allies have been pushed to the fourth position," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi