Honeymoon remark: SC to hear Ramdev`s plea on clubbing of cases
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will Friday hear a plea by yoga guru Baba Ramdev seeking the clubbing together of all cases against him being heard in Lucknow following his "honeymoon" remark against Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
The bench of Chief Justice RM Lodha, Justice Madan B Lokur and Justice Kurian Joseph said it would hear the matter as counsel Mukul Rohatgi sought orders restraining any coercive action against the yoga guru in the wake of a large number of complaints filed against him across the country.
Rohtagi assisted by Keshav Mohan sought the clubbing together of cases being heard in Lucknow where Ramdev had made the remark.
Directing the listing of the matter May 9, the court said there was no bar on Ramdev to travel nor was any summons issued to him.
Ramdev had said April 25 that Rahul Gandhi goes to houses of Dalits only for "honeymoon" and "picnic". He later apologised and said he was misinterpreted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?