Hooda mocks at BJP, dubs turncoat candidates `Chinese maal`
Sirsa: Taking a jibe at BJP for fielding turncoats in the Lok Sabha polls in Haryana, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday dubbed those candidates as "Chinese maal (goods)" which have "no guarantee".
Mocking at BJP for fielding some candidates who deserted Congress after being "denied" tickets, Hooda said, "The party (BJP) does not even have its own candidates to contest the polls."
Addressing a rally here in favour of Congress nominee and party`s state unit chief Ashok Tanwar, who is seeking re-election, Hooda in presence of Congress leaders Rahul Gandhi and Shakeel Ahmed, equated the turncoat candidates with Chinese goods.
The Chief Minister said the HJC-BJP alliance could not find 10 winning and capable candidates and they had to rely on faces that had been rejected by Congress.
He said these "Chinese products do not stand any guarantee."
Taking a dig at HJC candidate from Sirsa, Sushil Kumar Indora, he said, "Indora (a former Congress leader) was seeking Congress ticket, but after failing to get it he switched loyalties (joined HJC recently)."
"Both BJP and HJC in Haryana have no policy, no clear intention and no leader," he said.
While HJC is contesting from Hisar and Sirsa, its ally BJP has fielded candidates in eight seats, half of whom have Congress background. Notable among them are Rao Inderjit Singh (from Gurgaon) and Dharambir Singh (Bhiwani-Mahendergarh).
Ramesh Kaushik, who quit Congress a few months back, is contesting from Sonepat as a BJP nominee. He was given BJP ticket ignoring Pradeep Sangwan, a front-runner from the region. Sangwan recently joined the Congress.
BJP has also fielded R K Saini, a party hopper, from Kurukshetra constituency. He was a leader in the now-defunct Haryana Vikas Party, which later merged with Congress.
Rejecting the much-touted `Gujarat model` of development, he said the country needs to implement his `Haryana model`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre