If elected, BJP will end terrorism, unemployment, price rise: Naqvi
Bokaro: Senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday said terrorism, unemployment and price rise would end if BJP formed the next government in the country.
"Three things would definitely end if BJP comes to power--terrorism, unemployment and price rise," Naqvi, the party`s vice-president and spokesman, said at a meeting here.
"The BJP`s comeback to power is the need of the hour," he said while addressing a poll meeting at Chandankiyari under the Dhanbad Lok Sabha constituency.
Saying it was a "good omen" that for the first time "the country had risen in one voice against the UPA`s bad governance", the BJP leader appealed to the people to vote for party candidate from Dhanbad PN Singh.
Dhanbad will go to polls on April 24.
Speaking on the occasion, former chief minister and BJP leader Arjun Munda alleged the UPA government had left the country "hollow" in the last 10 years of its rule.
"Terrorism, corruption and price rise have left the people helpless, and BJP alone could give good and strong governance in such adverse situation," Munda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family