If elected, will develop Amalapuram like Kerala: Viswaroop
Rajahmundry: Former minister and YSRCP candidate from Andhra Pradesh`s Amalapuram Lok Sabha seat, P Viswaroop on Sunday said if elected, he would ensure the development of the constituency on the lines of Kerala.
The main objective is to take the socio-welfare schemes launched by the government to the public and its benefits to all sections of the society, Viswaroop told PTI, after a whirlwind tour of Amalapuram constituency.
"We want to develop it from grassroot level...Nobody has shown much interest in the development of the constituency. I will develop it (Amalapuram) on the lines of Kerala where coconut production is more, similar to this area," he said.
"We will conduct a through study of the programmes launched in that state (Kerala) so as to develop this region similar to Kerala," the former state animal welfare and husbandry minister said.
He said if elected he will take steps for development of farmers and to develop the area as a business hub.
He expressed confidence that people from all sections in the constituency will vote for him to mark his victory.
Viswaroop, who had earlier resigned from Congress against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and joined YSRCP, said he was attracted to the policies of the party led by Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, son of former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
Priority will also be given to development of roads for increasing business activity here, he added.
The constituency will go to polls on May 7.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'