If elected, will develop Amalapuram like Kerala: Viswaroop
Rajahmundry: Former minister and YSRCP candidate from Andhra Pradesh`s Amalapuram Lok Sabha seat, P Viswaroop on Sunday said if elected, he would ensure the development of the constituency on the lines of Kerala.
The main objective is to take the socio-welfare schemes launched by the government to the public and its benefits to all sections of the society, Viswaroop told PTI, after a whirlwind tour of Amalapuram constituency.
"We want to develop it from grassroot level...Nobody has shown much interest in the development of the constituency. I will develop it (Amalapuram) on the lines of Kerala where coconut production is more, similar to this area," he said.
"We will conduct a through study of the programmes launched in that state (Kerala) so as to develop this region similar to Kerala," the former state animal welfare and husbandry minister said.
He said if elected he will take steps for development of farmers and to develop the area as a business hub.
He expressed confidence that people from all sections in the constituency will vote for him to mark his victory.
Viswaroop, who had earlier resigned from Congress against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and joined YSRCP, said he was attracted to the policies of the party led by Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, son of former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
Priority will also be given to development of roads for increasing business activity here, he added.
The constituency will go to polls on May 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes