If TRS wins, those guilty of corruption will be jailed: KCR
Sangareddy (AP): Accusing Congress of indulging in corruption in Andhra Pradesh, TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao today said if his party was voted to power in Telangana, those found guilty of graft would be sent to jail.
"Congress government has embarrassed the whole state through their corruption, as many ministers and bureaucrats are facing CBI cases. If TRS comes to power (in Telangana), it will eradicate corruption and the guilty will be sent to jail," Rao said.
The TRS chief, who is contesting from Gajwel Assembly seat, was addressing a rally at Gawel town in Medak district.
"Political leaders from Seemandhra region feel that if TRS comes to power in Telangana, the party would recover from them the lands that they had encroached upon. Therefore, the leaders from Seemandhra plotted a conspiracy to keep TRS away from power in Telangana. As part of this, TDP and BJP formed an alliance," he said.
He urged people to vote for TRS in order to strengthen Telangana.
"No one from Telangana region should vote for the staunch supporters of united Andhra Pradesh. Giving vote to BJP means backing the Seemandhra parties as TDP and BJP are in alliance."
"We have achieved Telangana state. Let us achieve self governance and build golden Telanagana, which will be free from corruption," he added.
He said his party was against the division of resources on the basis of population proportionate.
"We are against the `option` system to government employees. Let the Andhra employees go to their native residuary state of Andhra Pradesh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- I have made many fashion blunders: Karisma Kapoor
- Hyundai to bring hybrids to India by next year
- Los Angeles Police say reports of gunfire at airport were false alarm, 'Zorro' detained
- Happy Birthday Dhyan Chand: 10 interesting facts you must know about India's hockey legend
- AAP-Sheila Dikshit trying to suppress Rs 400 crore water tanker scam: BJP