India does not need "a bleeder or a pleader" as PM: Congress
New Delhi: India does not need "a bleeder or a pleader" as PM, Congress on Saturday said hitting back at BJP leaders Narendra Modi and Arun Jaitley for dubbing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as "just a reader and not a leader".
Congress spokesperson Shashi Tharoor also questioned Jaitley`s attack on Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, and said why BJP was targeting a "private individual", who is neither a member of a political party nor a candidate in this Lok Sabha polls.
Tharoor`s remark came after Jaitley posted stinging remarks on his blog against Singh and Vadra.
The BJP leader today took potshots at Singh in his blog saying the Prime Minister "walked on snow, but did not leave any footprints", a day after PMO sought to counter the perception that Singh has been "weak" in his tenure.
He wrote that in response to controversy created by two recently published books including the one by PM`s former Media Adviser Sanjaya Baru, the PMO has clarified that in the last 10 years, the Prime Minister had delivered around 1,200 speeches.
"The PMO thought that this would counter the charge that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was not a `speaking` Prime Minister... He must be heard with attention. He must be a leader and not just a reader," Jaitley said.
Targeting Vadra he wrote, "start a business without any investment. Investment will flow as loans and advances which is a synonym for political equity. Use these loans to buy property at fraction of the market cost."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble