Jagan`s party to give issue-based support to Narendra Modi
New Delhi: TDP`s arch rival YSRCP chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Monay met Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi and extended "issue based" support to BJP, saying his party was never averse to him.
Accompanied by his party Lok Sabha MPs, Jagan, who faced the just-concluded elections against the TDP-BJP alliance, called on Modi at the Gujarat Bhavan here, urging the country`s next Prime Minister to help build Andhra Pradesh.
"The fact is that he already has 283 MPs. He does not need any of us... We were never averse to him. We would be giving issue-based support," Reddy told reporters after the meeting with Modi.
He was replying to a query on whether he had any political conversation with Modi on joining NDA. YSRCP won nine Lok Sabha seats in unidivded Andhra Pradesh.
Reddy said Andhra Pradesh would require Modi.
"The most important thing is Andhra Pradesh state needs him. We want our Prime Minister to be proactive. We need him... We need a great deal of help from him," he added.
He presented a memorandum to Modi containing demands required for the growth of residual Andhra Pradesh after bifurcation and creation of a separate Telangana state.
Jagan Reddy claimed Modi has assured him that he would look into all the issues highlighted in the memorandum.
"We have given him a representation. We have highlighted the points where we would be requiring his help.... He said he will do everything to the best possible extent," Reddy stated.
In the memorandum, Reddy drew the attention of Modi to a range of issues in Seemendhra, including funds to build a new capital, besides farmers issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video