Jagan`s party to give issue-based support to Narendra Modi
New Delhi: TDP`s arch rival YSRCP chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Monay met Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi and extended "issue based" support to BJP, saying his party was never averse to him.
Accompanied by his party Lok Sabha MPs, Jagan, who faced the just-concluded elections against the TDP-BJP alliance, called on Modi at the Gujarat Bhavan here, urging the country`s next Prime Minister to help build Andhra Pradesh.
"The fact is that he already has 283 MPs. He does not need any of us... We were never averse to him. We would be giving issue-based support," Reddy told reporters after the meeting with Modi.
He was replying to a query on whether he had any political conversation with Modi on joining NDA. YSRCP won nine Lok Sabha seats in unidivded Andhra Pradesh.
Reddy said Andhra Pradesh would require Modi.
"The most important thing is Andhra Pradesh state needs him. We want our Prime Minister to be proactive. We need him... We need a great deal of help from him," he added.
He presented a memorandum to Modi containing demands required for the growth of residual Andhra Pradesh after bifurcation and creation of a separate Telangana state.
Jagan Reddy claimed Modi has assured him that he would look into all the issues highlighted in the memorandum.
"We have given him a representation. We have highlighted the points where we would be requiring his help.... He said he will do everything to the best possible extent," Reddy stated.
In the memorandum, Reddy drew the attention of Modi to a range of issues in Seemendhra, including funds to build a new capital, besides farmers issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack