Jairam Ramesh questions YSRCP`s election expenditure
Kurnool: Union Minister and senior Congress leader Jairam Ramesh on Wednesday said a probe should be conducted into the YSR Congress`s election expenditure.
"Money is flowing like water...Wherefrom all this money is coming? All parties spend money during the elections but the YSR Congress is a special case," Ramesh alleged and demanded a probe.
"I have travelled to every state for campaigning, but the way YSR Congress is spending the money, no party is spending so much money in the entire country," the Rajya Sabha member from Andhra Pradesh alleged.
"The democracy is in danger due to such people. This party will become the party of capitalists," Ramesh added.
Asked if Congress will seek YSR Congress`s support post Assembly elections, Ramesh parried the question, saying, "Why are you asking me about the future?...Many of our people have joined the YSR Congress. Our people have also joined the TDP. Those who left (Congress) have gone only to protect their business interests. They are not protecting political interests," he said.
He asked the people of Seemandhra to think whether they wanted YSRCP chief Jaganmohan Reddy, prime accused in the case of alleged quid-pro-quo investments, who is on bail, to be the first Chief Minister of the new state.
The elections in Seemandhra on May 7 will be historic as the choices before the people are a "would-be Chief Minister on bail", (BJP`s PM candidate) Narendra Modi or the Congress, Ramesh said.
Reacting to Ramesh`s allegations, YSR Congress spokesman Gattu Ramachandra Rao said his party will play the role of king-maker in Telangana, and that of the King in Seemandhra, and "unwarranted multi-pronged attack" by Ramesh and others had come from their "frustration and fear of defeat".
"Your party is already dead and on a pyre. People know very well that you have grown hair but not wisdom," he said, taking a swipe at Ramesh over his long hair.
Rao also said that it was Congress which colluded with TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu to send Jaganmohan Reddy to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends