Jairam Ramesh to release Congress manifesto for Telangana
Hyderabad: Union Minister Jairam Ramesh is set to release the Congress party`s election manifesto for Telangana at an event here on April 12.
The manifesto would be released at Gandhi Bhavan, the state Congress headquarters here, at 11 am, Telangana region`s Congress president Ponnala Lakshmaiah told reporters today.
A key member of the group of ministers on the Telangana issue, Ramesh was actively involved in drafting the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Bill.
Ramesh, who arrived here today, began campaigning in the Telangana region in support of Congress candidates.
Congress has appointed a panel led by former minister D Sridhar Babu and Deputy Speaker of the outgoing Andhra Pradesh Assembly Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka to prepare its manifesto.
Lakshmaiah said Congress would not make any false promises in its manifesto, but offer practical solutions to problems and announce sound development initiatives, welfare programmes and measures for social justice.
Simultaneous elections to Lok Sabha and undivided Andhra Pradesh Assembly would be held in Telangana on April 30 and on May 7 in Seemandhra.
Yesterday was the last day for filing nominations in Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India