Jaitley questions logic behind Rahul`s BJP balloon jibe
Amritsar: A day after Rahul Gandhi`s BJP balloon jibe, Arun Jaitely on Sunday wondered whether the Congress leader`s remark was an "astrological prediction" or based on some rational political thinking.
Two comments were made during the release of Congress manifesto in New Delhi yesterday, said Jaitley, who is BJP`s candidate from Amritsar Lok Sabha seat.
"Sonia Ji said we will prove all opinion polls wrong. Second (comment) was by Rahul Gandhi...Who said the balloon of BJP will burst," he said.
Jaitley, also the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, stated that BJP has never said that opinion polls are totally correct.
"But when reliable institutions conduct opinion polls...(they) indicate direction of public opinion and today there is clear direction that Narendra Modi is most popular person to become Prime Minister," he said.
Jaitley, who will be taking on Congress`s Capt Amarinder Singh in this Sikh dominated parliamentary constituency, further said all opinion polls are "speaking the same language" that Congress and the UPA`s vote share is declining sharply while that of the NDA is going up.
He also said while Congress has only 2-3 allies, the number of allies with NDA was on the rise and would go up further.
"In such a scenario to say that the balloon will burst...Is it an astrological prediction or is it based on some rational political thinking.
"...If based on some political thought, explain us the political logic .. (or) if it has been just said to boost moral of Congress workers...", Jaitley quipped.
At the launch of Congress manifesto, Rahul had said: "Just like the `India Shining` balloon exploded... I can say certainly the balloon will explode."
"India shining was an excellent campaign. They thought they will get 350 seats. But it evaporated when the results came. I am confident that like the balloon of India Shining, this time also the balloon will explode," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!