Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan to campaign for BJP in Karnataka
Hyderabad: After having extended his support to BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Jana Sena Party chief and Telugu film star Pawan Kalyan will campaign for the saffron party in the Lok Sabha elections in Karnataka.
Kalyan, youngest brother of Union Minister K Chiranjeevi, will campaign for BJP candidates in Kolar, Raichur and Gulbarga tomorrow, according to a tentative schedule announced by the Jana Sena on Monday.
Kalyan met Modi in Ahmedabad last month, days after launching the Jana Sena, and extended his support to the latter in his PM bid stating he wanted the country to get rid of the "corrupt" Congress.
Kalyan`s decision to campaign was announced after Telangana BJP president G Kishan Reddy and representatives of Modi had a 90-minute meeting with the film star here this afternoon.
Kalyan was also reportedly requested to campaign for the TDP-BJP combine in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana as well but the JSP did not announce anything in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31