Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan to campaign for BJP in Karnataka
Hyderabad: After having extended his support to BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Jana Sena Party chief and Telugu film star Pawan Kalyan will campaign for the saffron party in the Lok Sabha elections in Karnataka.
Kalyan, youngest brother of Union Minister K Chiranjeevi, will campaign for BJP candidates in Kolar, Raichur and Gulbarga tomorrow, according to a tentative schedule announced by the Jana Sena on Monday.
Kalyan met Modi in Ahmedabad last month, days after launching the Jana Sena, and extended his support to the latter in his PM bid stating he wanted the country to get rid of the "corrupt" Congress.
Kalyan`s decision to campaign was announced after Telangana BJP president G Kishan Reddy and representatives of Modi had a 90-minute meeting with the film star here this afternoon.
Kalyan was also reportedly requested to campaign for the TDP-BJP combine in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana as well but the JSP did not announce anything in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed