Jaspal Bhatti`s widow does a spoof on political parties
Chandigarh: As election fever is gripping the country, late satirist and comedian Jaspal Bhatti`s widow on Tuesday "floated" a `NOTA` party.
Bhatti`s Nonsense Club too joined in the fray with the NOTA party.
`NOTA`, which stands for `None Of The Above`, is an option available to voters who do not want to vote in favour of any candidate standing for a particular constituency.
Bhatti`s widow Savita also extended invitation to all scam-tainted politicians to join her party. She, along with her team members, performed a spoof at Commercial Sector 17 Plaza here.
Holding currency notes in their hands, the group sang a jingle to attract the attention of the crowd.
Savita announced that her NOTA party believed in policy of divide and rule. "We want to divide the corrupt and the honest and rule over the country. The minimum qualification to join the party will be a scam worth Rs 200 crore and those having at least 25 criminal cases against them," she said.
"Nowadays it`s easy to find the corrupt so very soon all such elements from other parties would join us," she claimed.
The event and the satire on the political parties comes after Savita`s failed attempt to join politics.
She was announced Aam Aadmi Party`s candidate from Chandigarh, but she withdrew claiming infighting in the local party unit.
Bhatti was known for floating his political parties during elections to highlight the problems faced by the general public.
Bhatti died in a car accident near Shahkot in Nakodar area of Jalandhar district on October 25, 2012 when he was aged 57.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?