Jaswant Singh complains against Vasundhra Raje; poll authorities dismiss it
Jaisalmer: Expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh has accused Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje of misusing religious places for political activities in Barmer, a complaint found baseless by the district administration.
Singh, who is contesting from Barmer Lok Sabha seat as an Independent candidate, filed a complaint on the matter with the district election officer there on Saturday.
Speaking to reporters here yesterday, Singh claimed that Raje has been visiting various religious places in the constituency and using them for political activities.
The former Union minister said he has also demanded from the election department to add Raje`s cost of travelling by a helicopter for visiting the constituency to the election expense of BJP candidate from Barmer, Sonaram Choudhary.
Raje is making all efforts to defeat me in the Lok Sabha elections instead of focusing on her Mission-25 campaign to win all 25 Lok Sabha seats in the state, he said, adding that it (Singh`s defeat) will not take place.
When contacted, Additional District Collector (Barmer) HS Meena said Singh had filed the complaint on Saturday but the election department found that no such activity was done at any religious place by Raje during her recent visit to Barmer.
"Video recording of her visit was examined and we found that no political activity was done at any religious place. As far as the expense of the helicopter used by the chief minister is concerned, it was her personal visit," he said.
Raje visited temples in Barmer district on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown