Jaswant Singh complains against Vasundhra Raje; poll authorities dismiss it
Jaisalmer: Expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh has accused Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje of misusing religious places for political activities in Barmer, a complaint found baseless by the district administration.
Singh, who is contesting from Barmer Lok Sabha seat as an Independent candidate, filed a complaint on the matter with the district election officer there on Saturday.
Speaking to reporters here yesterday, Singh claimed that Raje has been visiting various religious places in the constituency and using them for political activities.
The former Union minister said he has also demanded from the election department to add Raje`s cost of travelling by a helicopter for visiting the constituency to the election expense of BJP candidate from Barmer, Sonaram Choudhary.
Raje is making all efforts to defeat me in the Lok Sabha elections instead of focusing on her Mission-25 campaign to win all 25 Lok Sabha seats in the state, he said, adding that it (Singh`s defeat) will not take place.
When contacted, Additional District Collector (Barmer) HS Meena said Singh had filed the complaint on Saturday but the election department found that no such activity was done at any religious place by Raje during her recent visit to Barmer.
"Video recording of her visit was examined and we found that no political activity was done at any religious place. As far as the expense of the helicopter used by the chief minister is concerned, it was her personal visit," he said.
Raje visited temples in Barmer district on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened