Jaswant Singh complains against Vasundhra Raje; poll authorities dismiss it
Jaisalmer: Expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh has accused Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje of misusing religious places for political activities in Barmer, a complaint found baseless by the district administration.
Singh, who is contesting from Barmer Lok Sabha seat as an Independent candidate, filed a complaint on the matter with the district election officer there on Saturday.
Speaking to reporters here yesterday, Singh claimed that Raje has been visiting various religious places in the constituency and using them for political activities.
The former Union minister said he has also demanded from the election department to add Raje`s cost of travelling by a helicopter for visiting the constituency to the election expense of BJP candidate from Barmer, Sonaram Choudhary.
Raje is making all efforts to defeat me in the Lok Sabha elections instead of focusing on her Mission-25 campaign to win all 25 Lok Sabha seats in the state, he said, adding that it (Singh`s defeat) will not take place.
When contacted, Additional District Collector (Barmer) HS Meena said Singh had filed the complaint on Saturday but the election department found that no such activity was done at any religious place by Raje during her recent visit to Barmer.
"Video recording of her visit was examined and we found that no political activity was done at any religious place. As far as the expense of the helicopter used by the chief minister is concerned, it was her personal visit," he said.
Raje visited temples in Barmer district on Friday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!