Jaswant Singh should have accepted party decision: Rajnath
New Delhi: Jaswant Singh should have accepted the decision of not fielding him from Barmer in Rajasthan as the issue of ticket could not be the yardstick of his "value" in the party, according to BJP President Rajnath Singh.
Singh, while rejecting the perception that senior leaders were being sidelined in the party, said the services of experienced and senior leaders would be utilised even if they did not get the chance to contest the ongoing Lok Sabha polls.
"Absolutely nobody is being sidelined. If somebody did not get ticket, it doesn`t mean he has no value in the party. He can be given position in Parliament, Assembly or party. Also if the government is formed, there can be positions in institutions," the BJP chief told PTI.
His attention was drawn to Jaswant Singh, who quit the party after he was denied ticket from Barmer, and asked whether his decision to resign was wrong.
"It would have been better if he had accepted the party`s decision. Till you get a ticket, you accept the party`s decision and when you don`t, then you don`t accept the decision. This should not happen," he said.
In an apparent message to Jaswant Singh, he said, "One should practice politics of principles and ideology."
Jaswant Singh, a former External Affairs Minister, had expressed his desire to contest from Barmer but the party gave the ticket to former Congress member Sonaram Chaudhary, who joined BJP recently. Jaswant then quit the party and entered the poll fray as an Independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced