Jayalalithaa refuses to comment on post-poll alliance
Chennai/Bangalore: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa has refused to comment on the post-poll alliance, saying that she was eagerly waiting for the result.
"I am waiting eagerly for results which will be declared on May 16. I cannot make any remark on any other subject," Jayalalithaa said.
"There is nothing more I can say at this juncture. Let us wait for the results to be declared and then I will give you my comments," she added.
Meanwhile, Janata Dal (Secular) chief HD Devegowda was also mute over the decision of any party alliance.
"Let the results come. See, I have committed for a secular-political ideology. Now, there is no question of asking that JD-S will go with so called NDA (National Democratic Alliance) and so called Narendra Modi. That`s all," said Devegowda.
On the question of his party`s take on maintaining relations with a third front formed by regional parties, Devegowda said that Prakash Karat is working on that front but he himself has not been in contact with any of the members of the front.
After voting ended for India`s nine-phase general election on Monday, exit polls showed the BJP and its allies would touch half-way mark in the 543-member in Lok Sabha of the parliament. Most of the polls showed the UPA, getting between 101 and 148 seats.
The BJP`s biggest gains are in Uttar Pradesh where at least two surveys have predicted the party to win 54 seats. Similarly in Bihar, the exit poll results dismissed any chance of the RJD`s resurgence, giving a clear lead to the NDA.
The surveys also suggested the BJP winning more seats than the Congress in Odisha, where Naveen Patnaik`s BJD has been projected to win a majority of the seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH