JD(U) has secret understanding with Congress, RJD: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday accused JD(U) of communalising elections in Bihar and charged it of having a "secret understanding" with Congress and RJD to defeat the BJP-led alliance after sensing imminent defeat.
"Since opinion polls are predicting a massive victory for BJP and its allies in Bihar and total decimation of JD(U) in the Lok Sabha polls...We seriously apprehend a secret understanding between JD(U), Congress and RJD against us. The withdrawal of JD(U) candidate from Kishanganj is hinting towards this," party leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
He said the sudden decision of JD(U) candidate to withdraw from the contest in Kishanganj Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar on grounds of avoiding division of secular votes cannot be seen as an isolated incident.
"This is a textbook case of communalising this election," he alleged.
Prasad said, "In view of the projected rout of JD(U), it may appear to be a part of a pattern which will unfold in the coming days. The suspicious surrounding circumstances clearly indicate some sort of hidden understanding between Congress, RJD and JDU to deliberately polarise votes and communalise the election."
The BJP leader said the party apprehends that in view of the near rout of non-NDA forces in Bihar, an attempt may be made to ensure that the minority candidates of JD(U) who are facing a near-rout may be made to withdraw and this process has started from Kishanganj.
Prasad said in Bihar, the people have started loving Narendra Modi even while leaders like Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad have hit out at him.
"People love him because they see hope in him to give a stable, effective and honest Government to free the country of all its ills. This profound support of the people has unnerved the Congress, The RJD and the JDU," he said, alleging that these parties have indulged in this panic movement to polarise and communalise the election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest