JD(U) to act against three MLAs for anti-party activities
Patna: Sending out a terse message to leaders and workers defying party lines, the JD(U) has decided to take strong action against its three MLAs for their open anti-party activities in the run up to Lok Sabha elections.
We have identified three MLAs - Poonam Devi Yadav (Khagaria), Renu Kushwaha (Bihariganj) and Annu Shukla (Lalganj) -- for taking strong action for their indulgence in anti-party activities, the JD(U) state unit president Bashistha Narayan Singh told reporters.
The JD(U) leadership has taken note of indiscipline and anti-party activities of these three MLAs and will take stringent action after the general elections, he said.
"We will not tolerate brazen defiance of the party line by the three MLAs and take them to task," Singh said.
Renu Kushwaha, who has recently resigned from the Nitish Kumar government after her husband Vijay Kushwaha joined the BJP recently, has been campaigning for her spouse who is contesting on BJP ticket from Madhepura Lok Sabha seat.
She represents Bihariganj Assembly seat in Madhepura district.
Similarly, Poonam Devi Yadav - the JD(U) MLA from Khagaria assembly seat - has been publicly campaigning for sister Krishna Kumari Yadav, who is the RJD candidate from Khagaria Lok Sabha seat against JD(U) MP Dinesh Chandra Yadav.
Incidentally, both sisters are married to a former MLA Randhir Yadav.
Another rebel Annu Shukla, JD(U) MLA from Lalganj, has publicly announced her decision to contest from Vaishali Lok Sabha seat against the official party candidate Vijay Sahni.
Shukla happens to be the wife of former JD(U) MLA Munna Shukla, presently lodged in in Muzaffarpur jail in connection with a murder case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview