Jharkhand BJP in celebration mode
Ranchi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Jharkhand is all set to celebrate its victory after the declaration of the Lok Sabha poll results Friday with crackers and sweets, a lawmaker said Thursday.
"The party has purchased crackers worth Rs.400,000 and we have ordered 50,000 laddoos made of ghee... we will sweep all the Lok Sabha seats of the state. In New Delhi, Narendra Modi will form the government," Ranchi BJP legislator C.P. Singh told reporters here.
The exit polls have predicted 10 to 12 seats for the BJP in Jharkhand.
The BJP workers are excited about the counting Friday.
"All preparations have been completed. We are waiting for poll results. We will celebrate both Holi and Diwali after the results," B. Jha, an excited BJP worker, told IANS.
In 2009, BJP had won eight of the 14 seats and the BJP leaders are hopeful of winning at least 10 seats this time.
Counting of votes will begin at 8 a.m. Friday and the result trends will start appearing by 9.30 a.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional