JMM claims no govt can be formed at Centre without its support
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha, which supports the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre on Monday claimed that without its support a government could not be formed after the Lok Sabha polls.
"We know that our party can`t form a government at the Centre. But we also know that without our support government can`t be formed at the Centre," the JMM poll manifesto claimed.
The JMM, which heads the coalition government in the state with the support of Congress and the RJD, has a pre-poll alliance with the two parties.
The party, contesting four seats in the state, leaving nine to Congress and one to RJD, has also fielded candidates in some other states.
Party supremo and sitting MP Shibu Soren is contesting from Dumka where he faces arch rival and Jharkhand Vikas Morcha president Babulal Marandi, besides BJP`s Sunil Soren.
The manifesto said "Your support and faith in us will give us strength to make Central government to release our legitimate rights over revenue and make Jharkhand pre-eminent state."
"Genuine royalty over our mineral resources and arrears amount more than what a special category state could fetch. Therefore, the JMM`s aim is to make Jharkhand a pre-eminent state getting our legitimate rights instead of requesting for according special status to the state," it said.
The JMM also renewed its demand for shifting the headquarters of Coal India Limited and Damodar Valley Corporation from Kolkata to Jharkhand.
The manifesto also highlighted better education facilities, increase in royalty over minerals, amendment in Land Acquisition Bill, compensation for land occupied by the CIL and opening zonal office of the railways in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof