Kalyan Singh attacks UPA Govt on Rahul Gandhi`s turf
Amethi: Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh on Thursday said following the anti-people policies of the Congress-led UPA government the country has gone on the track of backwardness, and it will gain its honour only when BJP is voted to power.
Addressing a gathering in Tiloi of Amethi Lok Sabha constituency, Singh said "the main agenda of other parties is to stop Narendra Modi (from becoming the next Prime Minister)
at any cost to shield their corrupt practices".
He alleged that "Congress likes the model of Robert Vadra to make crores from simple hundreds, but how it is possible for others". He also criticised the UPA government for
"looting the country with open hands".
He cautioned people belonging to OBCs that "if Congress succeeds in providing 18 per cent quota to Muslims, OBCs will be lessened to only 9 per cent as the total quota for OBCs
cannot exceed 27 per cent.
He also criticised Congress for "playing dirty politics in the name of pseudo-secularism".
Accompanied by party nominee Smriti Irani, Singh also took dig at Samajwadi Party and BSP.
He appealed to the people to vote for the BJP nominee "to form a stable and development oriented government at the Centre led by Narendra Modi".
Addressing the gathering, Irani said "despite investment of crores of rupees in Amethi it is far away from real development and for this Congress and the incumbent MP Rahul Gandhi are responsible".
Later the BJP nominee, who is pitted against Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and AAP`s Kumar Vishwas, held a roadshow in Jagdishpur.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read