Kalyan Singh attacks UPA Govt on Rahul Gandhi`s turf
Amethi: Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh on Thursday said following the anti-people policies of the Congress-led UPA government the country has gone on the track of backwardness, and it will gain its honour only when BJP is voted to power.
Addressing a gathering in Tiloi of Amethi Lok Sabha constituency, Singh said "the main agenda of other parties is to stop Narendra Modi (from becoming the next Prime Minister)
at any cost to shield their corrupt practices".
He alleged that "Congress likes the model of Robert Vadra to make crores from simple hundreds, but how it is possible for others". He also criticised the UPA government for
"looting the country with open hands".
He cautioned people belonging to OBCs that "if Congress succeeds in providing 18 per cent quota to Muslims, OBCs will be lessened to only 9 per cent as the total quota for OBCs
cannot exceed 27 per cent.
He also criticised Congress for "playing dirty politics in the name of pseudo-secularism".
Accompanied by party nominee Smriti Irani, Singh also took dig at Samajwadi Party and BSP.
He appealed to the people to vote for the BJP nominee "to form a stable and development oriented government at the Centre led by Narendra Modi".
Addressing the gathering, Irani said "despite investment of crores of rupees in Amethi it is far away from real development and for this Congress and the incumbent MP Rahul Gandhi are responsible".
Later the BJP nominee, who is pitted against Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and AAP`s Kumar Vishwas, held a roadshow in Jagdishpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest