Kasturirangan report not a law, says Janardhan Poojary
Mangalore: The recommendations of the Kasturirangan report on conservation of Western Ghats had not become a law and people need not unnecessarily worry about it, Congress candidate for Dakshina Kannada Lok Sabha constituency Janardhan Poojary has said.
In a statement here, Poojary said he would not support any report that would harm farmers and the poor.
"These are only recommendations," he said.
The elected representatives would decide whether the report should be implemented after taking the people into confidence, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued