Kasturirangan report not a law, says Janardhan Poojary
Mangalore: The recommendations of the Kasturirangan report on conservation of Western Ghats had not become a law and people need not unnecessarily worry about it, Congress candidate for Dakshina Kannada Lok Sabha constituency Janardhan Poojary has said.
In a statement here, Poojary said he would not support any report that would harm farmers and the poor.
"These are only recommendations," he said.
The elected representatives would decide whether the report should be implemented after taking the people into confidence, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Here's what John Abraham has to say on former girlfriend Bipasha Basu's wedding!
- LinkedIn notifies data breach, alerts 400 mn members to stay safe
- Eating out, mobile bills, internet, travelling set to get costlier from June 1
- 7 hot tips to stay fit and healthy!
- Barack Obama lays wreath at Hiroshima Memorial, says death fell from the sky and the world changed