Kasturirangan report not a law, says Janardhan Poojary
Mangalore: The recommendations of the Kasturirangan report on conservation of Western Ghats had not become a law and people need not unnecessarily worry about it, Congress candidate for Dakshina Kannada Lok Sabha constituency Janardhan Poojary has said.
In a statement here, Poojary said he would not support any report that would harm farmers and the poor.
"These are only recommendations," he said.
The elected representatives would decide whether the report should be implemented after taking the people into confidence, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores