Kasturirangan report not a law, says Janardhan Poojary
Mangalore: The recommendations of the Kasturirangan report on conservation of Western Ghats had not become a law and people need not unnecessarily worry about it, Congress candidate for Dakshina Kannada Lok Sabha constituency Janardhan Poojary has said.
In a statement here, Poojary said he would not support any report that would harm farmers and the poor.
"These are only recommendations," he said.
The elected representatives would decide whether the report should be implemented after taking the people into confidence, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’