KC Tyagi flays RSS for deviating from its promise of staying away from political deliberations
New Delhi: Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader, KC Tyagi stated on Sunday that meeting of the top leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief, has clearly punched holes in RSS` claims of staying away from political deliberations given in its affidavit in 1949.
Commenting on the issue of BJP president Rajnath Singh and his party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi paying a visit to RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, Tyagi while speaking rto ANI said, "In 1949, in an affidavit the RSS had promised to Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel that in the future it will not participate politically. However, with the arrival of Narendra Modi all their promise has gone to naught."
Earlier today, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Rajnath Singh met RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat. He is believed to have discussed party strategy keeping in view the last phase of polling tomorrow and counting of votes on May 16. Rajnath Singh`s meeting with Bhagwat comes a day after BJP `s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s meeting with the RSS chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why