KC Tyagi flays RSS for deviating from its promise of staying away from political deliberations
New Delhi: Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader, KC Tyagi stated on Sunday that meeting of the top leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief, has clearly punched holes in RSS` claims of staying away from political deliberations given in its affidavit in 1949.
Commenting on the issue of BJP president Rajnath Singh and his party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi paying a visit to RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, Tyagi while speaking rto ANI said, "In 1949, in an affidavit the RSS had promised to Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel that in the future it will not participate politically. However, with the arrival of Narendra Modi all their promise has gone to naught."
Earlier today, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Rajnath Singh met RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat. He is believed to have discussed party strategy keeping in view the last phase of polling tomorrow and counting of votes on May 16. Rajnath Singh`s meeting with Bhagwat comes a day after BJP `s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s meeting with the RSS chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?