KC Tyagi flays RSS for deviating from its promise of staying away from political deliberations
New Delhi: Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader, KC Tyagi stated on Sunday that meeting of the top leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief, has clearly punched holes in RSS` claims of staying away from political deliberations given in its affidavit in 1949.
Commenting on the issue of BJP president Rajnath Singh and his party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi paying a visit to RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, Tyagi while speaking rto ANI said, "In 1949, in an affidavit the RSS had promised to Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel that in the future it will not participate politically. However, with the arrival of Narendra Modi all their promise has gone to naught."
Earlier today, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Rajnath Singh met RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat. He is believed to have discussed party strategy keeping in view the last phase of polling tomorrow and counting of votes on May 16. Rajnath Singh`s meeting with Bhagwat comes a day after BJP `s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s meeting with the RSS chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- There will be no conflict of interest when Anil Kumble takes over as chief coach, says BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke
- Sensex surges 237 points to reclaim 27,000 as UK votes on Brexit
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get full 6 months arrears in October
- Expect to announce merger with Aircel soon: RCom
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic can still achieve more in football, Eden Hazard on the Swede's Euro 2016 exit