KCR made false promises on Telangana development: Congress
Hyderabad: Telangana Congress President Ponnala Lakshmaiah today alleged TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao made false promises of development, the latest in the ongoing verbal duel between the two parties facing each other in the upcoming elections in Andhra Pradesh.
Referring to certain comments made by Rao, Lakshmaiah said the TRS chief talked about development of Telangana now, but had not done anything substantial for the region in the last 30 years of his political career.
"He has been in politics for the last 30 years. He has been MLA, minister, Deputy Speaker (of AP Assembly), MP and Union minister, but has he got any new proposal done in his native district (Medak)?" Lakshmaiah told reporters.
Rao has been highlighting that the "reconstruction" of Telangana, which will become a state on June 2, would not be possible under Congress or TDP rule and that a TRS government alone can ensure that.
The TRS president had also hit out at Lakshmaiah alleging that he had done injustice to Telangana despite being a minister in the Congress governments led by Y S Rajasekhara Reddy and N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
Rao had earlier ruled out a merger or an electoral alliance with Congress for the general and Legislative Assembly elections in Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez