KCR made false promises on Telangana development: Congress
Hyderabad: Telangana Congress President Ponnala Lakshmaiah today alleged TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao made false promises of development, the latest in the ongoing verbal duel between the two parties facing each other in the upcoming elections in Andhra Pradesh.
Referring to certain comments made by Rao, Lakshmaiah said the TRS chief talked about development of Telangana now, but had not done anything substantial for the region in the last 30 years of his political career.
"He has been in politics for the last 30 years. He has been MLA, minister, Deputy Speaker (of AP Assembly), MP and Union minister, but has he got any new proposal done in his native district (Medak)?" Lakshmaiah told reporters.
Rao has been highlighting that the "reconstruction" of Telangana, which will become a state on June 2, would not be possible under Congress or TDP rule and that a TRS government alone can ensure that.
The TRS president had also hit out at Lakshmaiah alleging that he had done injustice to Telangana despite being a minister in the Congress governments led by Y S Rajasekhara Reddy and N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
Rao had earlier ruled out a merger or an electoral alliance with Congress for the general and Legislative Assembly elections in Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi