KCR made false promises on Telangana development: Congress
Hyderabad: Telangana Congress President Ponnala Lakshmaiah today alleged TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao made false promises of development, the latest in the ongoing verbal duel between the two parties facing each other in the upcoming elections in Andhra Pradesh.
Referring to certain comments made by Rao, Lakshmaiah said the TRS chief talked about development of Telangana now, but had not done anything substantial for the region in the last 30 years of his political career.
"He has been in politics for the last 30 years. He has been MLA, minister, Deputy Speaker (of AP Assembly), MP and Union minister, but has he got any new proposal done in his native district (Medak)?" Lakshmaiah told reporters.
Rao has been highlighting that the "reconstruction" of Telangana, which will become a state on June 2, would not be possible under Congress or TDP rule and that a TRS government alone can ensure that.
The TRS president had also hit out at Lakshmaiah alleging that he had done injustice to Telangana despite being a minister in the Congress governments led by Y S Rajasekhara Reddy and N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
Rao had earlier ruled out a merger or an electoral alliance with Congress for the general and Legislative Assembly elections in Telangana.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges
- Xiaomi Mi 5, Redmi Note 3 open sale gets over in minutes; next sale on May 11