Keep TVs switched off till Thursday: Congress tells voters
Karauli: Apparently wary of BJP`s advertisement blitz, Congress general secretary C P Joshi on Sunday asked voters to keep their televisions switched off till April 24, when election will held in remaining five seats in Rajasthan.
"There is no wave of BJP. It is better you all keep your televisions switched off for next three days and vote for Congress," Joshi said at a rally, which was also addressed by party vice president Rahul Gandhi.
Referring to Joshi`s comments, former chief minister Ashok Gehlot said that there is need "to understand the lies" of the BJP Prime Ministerial candididate Narendra Modi.
"He talks as if he would turn the country into heaven and would bring down inflation if his government is formed but we have to understand the lies of Modi," Gehlot said.
Karauli-Dholpur is among five constituencies out of total 25 parliamentary constituencies in Rajasthan where poll under the second phase is slated for April 24.
Polling in 20 seats took place on April 17 in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video