Kejriwal to begin campaigning in Delhi from Monday
New Delhi: After touring various states to drum up support for the AAP in Lok Sabha election, party chief Arvind Kejriwal is set to campaign in Delhi from Monday.
Kejriwal, who will take on BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Varanasi, will address public rallies in all the seven parliamentary constituencies of Delhi.
He will begin from Dwarka area of West Delhi constituency where the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has fielded journalist-turned-politician Jarnail Singh.
Delhi will go to polls April 10.
"He will tell people how bogus the model of economic development of Modi`s Gujarat is. He will also explain people why the party left the government," a close aide of Kejriwal told IANS.
AAP`s all seven Lok Sabha candidates in Delhi are busy in poll campaigning in their respective constituencies and Kejriwal`s show will boost their morale, said a leader.
Of all the states, Delhi is among those where the party will try to win as many seats it can.
Born in November 2012, the party rode to power in 2013 Delhi assembly elections by emerging the second largest party with 28 seats in a house of 70.
The AAP formed government - with the outside support of Congress eight legislators - ran for 49 days until Kejriwal resigned over the defeat in the introduction of anti-corruption Lokpal bill in the assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet