Kejriwal to vote in Delhi
New Delhi: AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal, who is contesting the Lok Sabha election from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, will cast his vote in the national capital that goes to the polls April 10.
Aam Aadmi Party sources said Kejriwal has applied to the Election Commission for his voter identity card with the address as Tilak Lane in central Delhi. He will not cast his vote in Varanasi.
The former Delhi chief minister shifted to the government flat in New Delhi from Ghazibad in January. He was recently allowed to stay in the house till Aug 3, after the public works department granted him extension due to his daughter`s examination.
Kejriwal was the chief minister of Delhi for 49 days after the AAP won 28 seats in the assembly elections.
He is contesting from India`s oldest city Varanasi against Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch