Kerala minister dismisses Left`s accusations
Thiruvananthapuram: Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala Friday criticised the CPI-M for spreading canards that the law and order situation in the state has deteriorated.
He said it was a cover up bid by the Left as it is going to suffer a defeat when the Lok Sabha election results are declared next month.
"A few recent incidents of murders that took place in the past few days have now been made out as a breakdown of law and order by the CPI-M," Chennithala told reporters here.
"Family issues and other personal problems have been the villain in these cases... so there is no question of a breakdown of law and order in the state," he added.
The CPI-M state secretariat had met Thursday to discuss the Lok Sabha polls. The meeting also took up the issue of murders that took place in the state in the past one week.
A resolution was passed that the state is being ruled by criminal gangs and the state government has failed to protect the life and property of people.
"The CPI-M is worried that they will be wiped out in the Lok Sabha polls and hence they are trying to create a smokescreen over a non-issue and a responsible party like them should not come out with baseless facts," added Chennithala.
He also pointed out that a comparison between the 2009 and 2014 elections showed the law and order situation now is far better than what it was in 2009.
"In 2009, there were more than 115 election related cases and in the just concluded polls, there were just a handful of cases. What more should we say, when facts and figures tell the tale," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information