Kerala to demand relaxation in Model Code of Conduct
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government has decided to demand a relaxation in the Model Code of Conduct issued by the Election Commission, for the smooth conduct of administrative affairs of the state, where the Lok Sabha polls were held on April 10.
During the cabinet briefing here today, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said a formal request in this regard would be forwarded to Chief Electoral Officer of the state soon.
"The election procedures in the state have been completed and the results will be out only after a month. So, there is nothing wrong in requesting a relaxation in the Model Code of Conduct," Chandy said.
"It is necessary for the smooth conducting of the administrative affairs of the state. Otherwise, people will suffer," he said.
Chandy said the government had decided to clean `Padmatheertham`, the pond of the famed Padmanabha Swamy Temple here, and the nearby `Mitranandapuram pond`, in which the priests of the temple take bath.
"The government has approved the proposal to clean the `Padmatheertham` in principle. A rough estimate of Rs 65 lakh is expected for the project," he said.
While the government would directly execute the cleaning drive of `Padmatheertham`, the cleaning of Mitranandapuram pond would be carried out through the Water Authority, Chandy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu