Kerala to demand relaxation in Model Code of Conduct
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government has decided to demand a relaxation in the Model Code of Conduct issued by the Election Commission, for the smooth conduct of administrative affairs of the state, where the Lok Sabha polls were held on April 10.
During the cabinet briefing here today, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said a formal request in this regard would be forwarded to Chief Electoral Officer of the state soon.
"The election procedures in the state have been completed and the results will be out only after a month. So, there is nothing wrong in requesting a relaxation in the Model Code of Conduct," Chandy said.
"It is necessary for the smooth conducting of the administrative affairs of the state. Otherwise, people will suffer," he said.
Chandy said the government had decided to clean `Padmatheertham`, the pond of the famed Padmanabha Swamy Temple here, and the nearby `Mitranandapuram pond`, in which the priests of the temple take bath.
"The government has approved the proposal to clean the `Padmatheertham` in principle. A rough estimate of Rs 65 lakh is expected for the project," he said.
While the government would directly execute the cleaning drive of `Padmatheertham`, the cleaning of Mitranandapuram pond would be carried out through the Water Authority, Chandy said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy