Khanduri, Rawat served EC notices for poll code violation
Pauri: BJP candidate for Pauri Lok Sabha seat, B C Khanduri, and his Congress rival in the election, Harak Singh Rawat, were served notices by the Election Commission for alleged violation of the model code of conduct.
Pauri Returning officer Chandresh Kumar served the notices to the two leaders yesterday besides four others after he found some "discrepancies" in the statements of accounts submitted by them to the Commission, in charge of the accounts team B P Kandpal said.
Their statements of accounts do not match the calculations of the Commission, he said.
Others served notices by the Commission are CPM`s Narendra Singh Negi, BSP`s Dhir Singh Bisht, CPI(ML)`s Indresh Maikhuri and Independent Anoop Singh Negi, Kandpal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday