Khanduri, Rawat served EC notices for poll code violation
Pauri: BJP candidate for Pauri Lok Sabha seat, B C Khanduri, and his Congress rival in the election, Harak Singh Rawat, were served notices by the Election Commission for alleged violation of the model code of conduct.
Pauri Returning officer Chandresh Kumar served the notices to the two leaders yesterday besides four others after he found some "discrepancies" in the statements of accounts submitted by them to the Commission, in charge of the accounts team B P Kandpal said.
Their statements of accounts do not match the calculations of the Commission, he said.
Others served notices by the Commission are CPM`s Narendra Singh Negi, BSP`s Dhir Singh Bisht, CPI(ML)`s Indresh Maikhuri and Independent Anoop Singh Negi, Kandpal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death