Khanduri, Rawat served EC notices for poll code violation
Pauri: BJP candidate for Pauri Lok Sabha seat, B C Khanduri, and his Congress rival in the election, Harak Singh Rawat, were served notices by the Election Commission for alleged violation of the model code of conduct.
Pauri Returning officer Chandresh Kumar served the notices to the two leaders yesterday besides four others after he found some "discrepancies" in the statements of accounts submitted by them to the Commission, in charge of the accounts team B P Kandpal said.
Their statements of accounts do not match the calculations of the Commission, he said.
Others served notices by the Commission are CPM`s Narendra Singh Negi, BSP`s Dhir Singh Bisht, CPI(ML)`s Indresh Maikhuri and Independent Anoop Singh Negi, Kandpal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port