Kumar Vishwas demands FIR against Priyanka, Rahul Gandhi; sits on dharna
Zee Media Bureau
Amethi: Aam Aadmi Party leader Kumar Vishwas on Friday sat on a dharna on the premises of Gauriganj police station demanding immediate registration of FIR Priyanka Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and some Congress workers in connection with an alleged threat by a party man.
However, Circle Officer Naveen Kumar Singh said that the FIR would be registered only after a probe into the matter.
"We have got an application from Vishwas for lodging an FIR against Rahul, Priyanka, Chandrakant Dubey, Vinod Mishra and other Congress workers. We will examine it and take appropriate action," Superintendent of Police Hiralal said.
The application filed at Gauriganj police station also names Rahul`s representative Dubey. When asked about it, Vishwas said that on April 15 during Priyanka Gandhi`s tour, a video of Congress worker Vinod Mishra had been "leaked" in which he allegedly said "Vishwas Rahul bhaiya ke khilaf bol raha hai mai usko goli maar dunga" (Vishwas is talking against Rahul, I will shoot him)."
Vishwas alleged that instead of telling about it to the police, Priyanka called Mishra at the guest house. He said that he would also approach the Election Commission.
"If I am attacked in future, Congress will be responsible for it," he said.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman