Lalu calls Narendra Modi Advani`s `chela`, vows to stop him
Motihari: Terming Modi as a `chela` (disciple) of BJP veteran Lal Krishna Advani, RJD president Lalu Prasad on Saturday to stop him like he had stopped Advani during his rath yatra in 1990.
"Narendra Modi is a `chela` of Advani. He has learnt everything from his `guru` (teacher). But he has not learnt that I will stop him, just like I stopped his guru in Bihar," Prasad said while addressing a rally here to solicit votes for RJD candidate Binod Kumar Srivastava on the last day of campaigning.
"Uss samay guru ki hawa nikal gayi thi, iss baar chele ki hawa nikal denge (That time the balloon of the teacher had been punctured. It is the turn of the disciple this time)," he said.
Prasad, who was then the Bihar Chief Minister had stopped the controversial Rath Yatra at Samastipur in 1990 and Advani was arrested.
Lalu asserted that there is a `1977-type` agitation going on in Bihar to stop Narendra Modi and people have decided to vote for UPA.
"There is a 1977 type movement against Modi to stop him because people know that he and his party work to divide the country, create dissensions between brothers and fan the fire of communalism," he said.
Prasad took potshots at the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate`s comments about governance and said in Bhojpuri that Delhi was still far away from him but he was `already licking his lips in anticipation.`
He asked the people to vote in favour of RJD and Congress candidates in Bihar and assured them that if UPA comes to power he would `make Bihar shine` just like he made `Indian Railway shine across the world`.
Prasad also held election rallies at Gopalganj and Siwan during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested