Lalu does it again; calls Narendra Modi `executioner`
Patna: Targeting Narendra Modi on the issue of Gujarat riots, RJD President Lalu Prasad on Wednesday described the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate as an "executioner".
"Narendra Modi is a `jallad` (executioner), is a `jallad`, is a `jallad`. It doesn`t matter where he goes, where he comes or what he does," Prasad told reporters at the Patna airport.
Prasad`s jibe followed his `butcher` comment on Modi yesterday.
The RJD leader said that he was sad that people like Lok Janshakti Party President Ram Vilas Paswan and others had gone with the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"Paswan who used to say we will make a Muslim a Chief Minister of Bihar, has gone with `jallad` Narendra Modi. He has destroyed himself. This person used to tell me that he could not ally with Nitish Kumar and BJP on the issue of Godhra riots," Prasad said.
Attacking Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, he said "Nitish should stop preaching. He sat in the lap of BJP and RSS for 17 years, but all his planning stands destroyed. He is now speaking about me in frustration and sadness."
Reacting to RJD chief`s vitriolic comments on Modi, BJP spokesperson Syed Shahnawaz Hussain said, "We all know that Prasad`s language is uncontrolled. The voters will reply to whatever he is saying about our leader."
Raking up the `butcher` comment, Hussain said Prasad had insulted the Qureshi community (which predominantly runs meat shops) and Muslims would not favour it.
"People of Qureshi community are present in large numbers in our country. Prasad is seeking the votes of Muslims, but using words like `butcher` for them. This is very unfortunate and they will not forgive him," added Hussain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC