Lalu does it again; calls Narendra Modi `executioner`
Patna: Targeting Narendra Modi on the issue of Gujarat riots, RJD President Lalu Prasad on Wednesday described the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate as an "executioner".
"Narendra Modi is a `jallad` (executioner), is a `jallad`, is a `jallad`. It doesn`t matter where he goes, where he comes or what he does," Prasad told reporters at the Patna airport.
Prasad`s jibe followed his `butcher` comment on Modi yesterday.
The RJD leader said that he was sad that people like Lok Janshakti Party President Ram Vilas Paswan and others had gone with the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"Paswan who used to say we will make a Muslim a Chief Minister of Bihar, has gone with `jallad` Narendra Modi. He has destroyed himself. This person used to tell me that he could not ally with Nitish Kumar and BJP on the issue of Godhra riots," Prasad said.
Attacking Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, he said "Nitish should stop preaching. He sat in the lap of BJP and RSS for 17 years, but all his planning stands destroyed. He is now speaking about me in frustration and sadness."
Reacting to RJD chief`s vitriolic comments on Modi, BJP spokesperson Syed Shahnawaz Hussain said, "We all know that Prasad`s language is uncontrolled. The voters will reply to whatever he is saying about our leader."
Raking up the `butcher` comment, Hussain said Prasad had insulted the Qureshi community (which predominantly runs meat shops) and Muslims would not favour it.
"People of Qureshi community are present in large numbers in our country. Prasad is seeking the votes of Muslims, but using words like `butcher` for them. This is very unfortunate and they will not forgive him," added Hussain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city