Lalu, Misa ask people to teach former aide Ramkripal a lesson
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Tuesday slammed his former aide and party`s ex-general secretary Ramkripal Yadav and appealed to people to teach him a lesson in the ongoing Lok Sabha elections.
Addressing an election meeting in Danapur in favour of daughter and party candidate Misa Bharti for Patliputra seat, Prasad accused Yadav of having sacrificed self-respect by joining hands with communal force represented by Narendra Modi.
Misa, locked in an intense fight with "uncles" Ramkripal and JDU`s Ranjan Yadav from the seat, at the rally described the BJP candidate as `vote katwa` (splitter of votes).
"Earlier, we used to hear that people stand as Independent or smaller parties to act as vote katwa but this time we are seeing Ramkripal Yadav contesting from BJP as a vote katwa," Misa said at the meeting.
Ramkripal, however, remained unmoved by the father-daughter attack on him. "Its natural for him and other RJD leaders to hit back at me because I am now standing in the way of his (Prasad`s) parivarik nyay (family justice)," Ramkripal told reporters during a campaign.
Meanwhile, JD(U) leader and state minister Shyam Rajak alleged a `secret pact` between Ramkripal and the RJD.
"He (Ramkripal) is presenting a unique example in democracy. While he is Rajya Sabha member from one party (RJD), he is contesting the Lok Sabha polls for another party (BJP)," Rajak said at a meeting in favour of Ranjan Yadav.
Incidentally, Rajak, who also has his roots in the RJD, was a close friend of Ramkripal and the two were popular as `Ram and Shyam`. But, their relations strained later on and Rajak left RJD to join JD(U) while Ramkripal left Prasad and joined hands with the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal